Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, May 14, 2005

In Case You Missed It.

Since a lot of people tried to get onto MySpace and read it the other day and weren't able to, here is my post about my favorite place on earth besides the dentist's chair - The Registry of Motor Vehicles. Or, as it is called in some states, the DMV - I assume for Department as opposed to Registry. Anyway, this was from Wednesday.

******

God love the RMV...
Current mood: hopeful

OK so I do NOT have my car!!!

I had to go to my old school - Framingham State College *God love them too, they wouldn't let me into their Communications program because of a fraction of a GPA point but WHATEVER* - to pay of parking tickets from 1999!!!!!! Yes, 1999!!!!!! They WILL get you. I couldn't register this car until I paid them off.

So there is this HILL on campus. The biggest hill EVER. I dreaded climbing that sonofabitch EVERY day... but the commuter lot is at the bottom of it so I had no choice... in fact I'm pretty sure those 3 tickets I had to pay off were from days when I just couldn't stand the thought of climbing that mountain so I said F-IT and parked in a Faculty lot.

Well I had NO IDEA where I needed to go to pay these tickets but I figured the Campus Police would be my best bet... so I push the stroller up this freaking hill... and of course there are some serious cracks in the sidewalk too so I had to maneuver the stroller over them... all the while getting funny looks from every college brat that passed me panting up the hill...

I get to the Campus Police and they tell me that the Parking Clerk's office is in fact BACK DOWN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE HILL, RIGHT BY THE COMMUTER LOT.

SH*T!

So I just walked all the freaking way up the hill, broke a sweat and probably have SWEATY PIT SPOTS, and I didn't even need to???

And then I'm thinking... I parked in that Commuter lot without a parking decal, with my luck I'll get back to the car and HAVE A TICKET...

Double SH*T.

I asked the guy at the Campus Police desk if it would be possible to NOT give me a ticket... he was cool, called another officer and told him not to ticket the car... Nice save.

I go back down the hill, and going down a steep hill with a baby stroller is not much more fun than going up it. Now I have the OMG what if I trip and the stroller goes flying thing in my mind...

I get to the Parking Clerk's office. She is a very sweet lady and talks baby talk to Kyla.

She looks up my stuff... and then tells me the total $120. Back in 1999 they were $20 tickets... now they are $40 tickets. DAMN!!

I whip out the cash.

"Ohhhhh, hon, I can't take cash... you'll have to go up to the Business Office up the toppa the hill and she can give you a receipt."

My blood began to boil at the thought of climbing that hill again. The old me would have been bitchy and pissy... the new me made a joke about getting my exercize and cheerfully walked my already wiped out ass that needs the exercize anyway back outside...

Push baby up hill. Pant. Pay. Get receipt. Push baby down hill. Get receipt for the registry...

By this time it is almost 1pm... I was supposed to pick my dad up at noon to go get the car, but I realize - I'm going to have to go to the DMV to submit this paperwork, there is no way they do anything electronically.

Why is it that the government is the only agency left on the planet that is incapable of doing ANYTHING electronically???

So anyway we went to lunch, then I went over to the registry. I have to get a MA license within 30 days of registering a car here anyway, so might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

Uh uh. Can not be that easy. You are now required to present the following - and this applies to ALL STATES - in order to get a license.

SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
BIRTH CERTIFICATE
PROOF OF ADDRESS
PROOF OF SIGNATURE

I don't know where my SS card or my birth cert are!!!

So no license... and since by the time I got done doing stuff at the registry the car dude I needed to talk to was done for the day... It'll have to be done tomorrow.

So you might have to kinda live without me for another day.

I am doing some dirt now but I need sleeeeep too.

In Kyla news - she's taking lots of steps!! She walked a little a few weeks ago and hasn't done much since... but the other night she went like 5 or 6 steps on her own and she did it a few times earlier... My little walker!!!

Now where are the comments???? Not to the blog but to my profile. I like comments!!!!

D*

1 Comments:

At 11:51 AM, Blogger John said...

The City Should have a copy of your birth certificate. They do here at least..... Anyways TAKE A BREAK! I hope most of us can live without you. Its sad how people out here are sooooooooo LONELY! Keep up the great work - & PEACE

 

Post a Comment

<< Home