Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, March 06, 2005

avoiding disappointment...

Hmmm... Do you ever think you should just not do something because you know what the outcome will be and it will be disappointing?

I mean... in life there are certain things you ALWAYS have to go for, even if you know there's a risk of failure... but what if you just know your efforts will be fruitless... do you avoid situations because you KNOW you'll be disappointed?

I faced this today. And the outcome was just as I expected. I hoped it would be different - but I asked, and got the response I expected. Oh well.

So anyway, on to happy things!!! We just went out for a nice breakfast. Kyla couldn't chow down on her eggs fast enough!!! Of course she ended up getting half of them all over the floor on the restaurant, but it was so cute to see her eating off the plate with both hands LOL.

We decided to have a birthday party for Kyla the Sunday after her birthday. The weekend before is Easter... so we'll do it the weekend after. I am going to bake a funfetti cake with pink frosting!!! It will be so much fun... just family and a few of my friends - Kyla's other aunties LOL... Not sure if everyone will be able to come, but it will be fun!! Can't wait to give her a piece of cake and let her at it!!!

I am such an insomniac. I could NOT get to sleep last night. I started reading this book my friend Kristen gave me a few weeks ago... She's a big reader - I am not... but I think it's something good for me to do right now. I read the first 100 pages last night... and this book is about a single girl living in Boston. Her boyfriend took off for a few months to travel and then emailed her to tell her he'd fallen in love with someone else... so she's trying to get out and have fun. The book was written in 2001 and has a LOT of pop culture things in it... I mean, it even mentions CABBAGE PATCH KIDS at one point when she's talking about what she and her best friend used to play with as kids... and her shot of choice is Lemon Drop - one of my favorites!!! And she mentions SWINGERS which is one of my all time favorite movies... So bizarre this author mentions all these things I really relate to. So far its a good book.

Anyway, Kyla is fussing so I'm going to get her.

:)

D

2 Comments:

At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana, at least you had enough courage to ask and now on to better things. Are you still going to go out with your friend tonight? I can't wait to see the pics of Kyla's b-day picture........Oh, Is TK going to be there for it?

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger D*ana said...

I didn't end up going out tonight... it was going to be late and I am tired. We're going to do it another night.

As for TK and the party... not sure. You'd have to ask him.

D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home