Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, March 03, 2005

m.i.l.f. bad day.

OMG this NEVER happens... but today my little sweet princess is SO CRANKY I don't know what to do! She does not want to play, she does not want to eat, she does not want to be held. It's just crying. She is not sick - SHE IS TEETHING. I don't know how to comfort her any more. She didn't sleep well last night at all... I brought her in with me and she couldn't sleep with me either... She was in my bed all night but she didn't sleep - so I didn't sleep either.

I just gave her some baby Tylenol hoping it would make her feel better and maybe she could settle for a much needed nap - but no. Earlier when I went to take a shower I thought she would sleep... but no... so we got up and went to play, but she didn't want to. She just crawled over to me wailing...

This is one of those days when you just don't know how to comfort your baby and IT SUCKS. I just put her back down to see if she might fall asleep... you can tell she is just SO OVERTIRED...

Anyway, I have just been browsing around at some things on line and I just have to tell you... some things just make me laugh out loud... like things people say... or think... it's just a riot. People sharing their philosophy on life... I mean, you can pretty much come up with a philosophy on anything in order to make what you WANT to be true APPEAR to be true... does that make sense? I don't know, I guess I am done searching for some deeper truth to things. They are how they are - and when something seems a certain way, most likely it IS that way.

There's my deep thought for the day. Now I'm going to go try to get my poor little teething girl up to play!

;)

7 Comments:

At 7:22 PM, Blogger D*ana said...

Wow your kids were 7 months and walking? Most babies are barely sitting up at that age! Some crawl... but really, 7 months and walking is unheard of.

Kyla is 11 months and learning to stand up and scoot while holding something - which is pretty normal. Most babies walk around their first birthday - some before, some after.

;)

 
At 7:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHAT...I never heard of a 7 month who could walk. They just start to sit up at the age of 6 or 7. Dana, Kyla is doing great and most kids do not walk at that age.

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dana,
Kyla is just perfect. I really hate when mothers try to play the "mommy dick game". As any realistic person would know, babies do things at all different stages- there is no set time. My daughter didn't start walking until 13 months, they get there on their own time. :)

Also, for her teething have you tried Baby Motrin? It lasts longer than Tylenol, and it also helps w/ the inflamation that is happening to those poor little baby gums. I found that to be much more helpful during teething.

 
At 11:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walking at 7 months huh?! Your kids must be pretty physically advanced! I've heard of 9 months, but 7? I was glad mine didn't walk until they were over 1 year....less running around for mommy! :)

And LOL at "mommy dick game"! That's a great way to put it.

 
At 7:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

FYI--I just saw some thing the other night on Dateline or one of those shows about how Infant and Children's Motrin and other Ibuprofin products (such as Advil, etc.)can cause Steven Johnson's syndrome. I can't remember exactly all of the symptoms b/c I was in the middle of dealing with my 8 month old, but from just one dose some children died and others were left with severe problems for the rest of their lives. Anyway, they said the safest medicine for children was Tylenol.

 
At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think there will ALWAYS be incidents like the Advil one that happen. It can happen with anything really.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home