Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, May 20, 2005

Kyla's Kicks!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Look at Kyla's new kicks!!! She LOVES them. I have a ton of pictures to post but this thing is acting up so I just managed to get that one up... She is LOVING her sneakers!! I took them off of her to put her to bed, and she crawled over to them, sat with them, and tried to put them back on her feet!!! She's so adorable in them.

That pic was taken earlier today... poor little girl doesn't feel good. She is all congested... She just wasn't herself today. Not many giggles and smiles. She was trying to play with her little bike but ended up resting on it - isn't that so sweet?!?!?

Yeah, so I had to whip out the child torture devices. Medicine dropper, thermometer, kleenex, ASPIRATOR! I mean, it's bad enough the baby is sick and you know she doesn't feel good... why on earth is this the time when you must also TORTURE the child?? I feel HORRIBLE holding her little head and shoving that thing up her nose and sucking the snot out... but it has to be done. I HATE when she's playing nicely and I have to accost her from behind with a tissue... you know.... you walk up quietly and aim for the nose... oh it sucks... and the thermometer, forget it. No wonder moms can tell if you have a fever by touching your forehead, taking the temperature is cruel and unusual punishment for a baby!!

Luckily, she seems to like the taste of medicine, she fusses FOR MORE!! No, I don't give it to her.

So that's about it... I'm on the air in the morning I need to get to sleep!!

I am doing Crest White Strips - THEY WORK.

:)

D

4 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

Dana, I just got the best thermometer. It's a temporal scanner, which reads the temporal artery that's on the forehead. It's the artery that runs to the heart which is where the most accurate body temp readings come from. Anyway, you put it on the middle of the forehead and scan it to the hairline and it gives you the temperature. It takes all of 3 seconds and it gives a reading as accurate as a rectal (eewww!) reading. Alot of pediatricians and hospitals are using them. It's called the Exergen. It's $50, but to me it was totally worth it. Taking my son's underarm temp was awful b/c he wiould NOT stay still, especially when sick. You can google it and read all about it. I LOVE it!!

 
At 2:28 PM, Blogger Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

Try a ear thermometer...they work pretty good. I have a Braun - cost about $35. Pretty accurate readings too! Hope she feels better!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I know exactly what you mean. My son is only 6 months old, but boy if he doesn't get super pissed when he is sick and I have to use the aspirator. Hope the little cutie feels better soon.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger GQ1NYC said...

Crest White Strips Kick Ass. I've done them back to back. I've look at ebay and seen them 2 for $25 or so but haven't bought any. I was at a BBQ yesterday (Sunday) and one of the couples at the party had a baby named Zack. Zack chilled next to me for awhile and we had a blast. It's fun the play dad when you can give the baby back as soon as they are cranky. The house I was at had a swinging bench and Zack chilled next to me while I rocked it back and forth. I love kids but I'm not ready to have them. I'll be ready by age 35 or so. I think.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home