Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The New "Private" MILF Diary.

Hey y'all!

This blog is now over.

I guess maybe it's symbolic in a way... closing the door on one chapter of my life and opening up a new one... but in a much more private way.

MySpace allows me to select who reads my blog, who sees the pictures I post, and who comments, and I like that idea a lot better than this open forum. Over 1000 people a day read this... I do not know 9/10ths of these people...

There are a few reasons why this blog is shutting down.

1. Picutures of Kyla. I still want to be able to share photos of her with family/friends... and will do so in a private ofoto album... and I will share pictures of her with my friends on MySpace who I invite to view my journal. The incident with this wackjob stealing the photos really got to me. I tried to brush it off... but it's creepy and I do not want to keep posting more pictures for anyone to take and exploit. This blog will stay up until I figure out how to copy all of it... I do have some things recorded here that I want to keep, but there will not be any more posts.

2. My life has changed significantly since I started journaling online. While many of you have followed my little life story for a while, I feel at this point I don't need to share anymore. I've opened myself up to too much criticism from people who have no right to criticize, and I've shared a number of things that would have been better off private.

In coming to a new understanding about myself, my life, and just life in general, I've decided it's best to keep personaly things personal. Some people have not been able to respect that, and I'm not going to sit here and delete comments and answer to anyone who is nosey... so I'm just not even going to leave it open for discussion.

3. The other side of the coin on the whole "public" thing is that I've had to second guess myself every time I post something that could be used against me. I also feel like I can say what I want to say on a private journal because I have some idea of who my audience is, and will hopefully be able to rest assured that the people reading it are not fishing for dirt on me or making ridiculous judgements, etc... so with a private journal I can be more candid if I so desire.

There are a handful of people who read this blog who I have never met but who have emailed me or commented a lot, and I consider those people friends... if you are one of them and would like to continue to read my crap, please join MySpace and email me... but understand that I am only going to do this for people who I feel I know!

Thank you for reading - and the dirt site isn't going anywhere!!

UPDATE: Here's what you need to do if you want to read the new private journal... it's a pain in the ass, but this is the only way to do it... and if you think it's too much of a hassle, then you probably don't need to be reading it anyway LOL... this is for the few who want to... and I actually think that having it private like this with just a few people will help me to get to know some of you better!

Here's what to do.

1. Sign up for MySpace at www.myspace.com.

2. Find me. www.myspace.com/danasdirt

3. Sent me a Friend Request if you haven't already.

4. Send me a message requesting to be added to my blog list, and PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS, the one you used to sign up for MySpace with. This is the ONLY way I can invite you to be on my blog list. There is no easy way to do this, I tried just looking up people's names and if your name is "Jen" I have to go through 100 Jen's to find you... so if I do it by email it's easiest!

Dana

7 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger GQ1NYC said...

Good luck with your new blog, there is a way you can make this blog private, I'm not sure how that works but it's in your settings. In case you decide to keep it up. Take care.

 
At 2:47 PM, Blogger Anonymous Fat Blogger said...

I found your journal through browsing through blogs and really enjoyed reading....will miss this, but will continue to check out the dirt! Good luck!

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger Sassy said...

I just started reading your dirt blog a few weeks ago (came upon it clicking Next Blog and very happy I did!) and that brought me here. So I've only been reading this blog a short while, but will miss it -- best of luck with the private blog!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Michele_3 said...

Hey Dana,
Just wanted to tell you that I respect your decision about closing this blog.I would have felt the same way after what that girl did with Kyla's pictures and all. I have enjoyed reading your blog since you were carrying little Kyla around in the womb and were working here in Tampa. Although, I do not know you personally - I have learned alot about you & in a way you have been very therapeutic for me as relating to you as a mom.(I have 3 boys)
Anyway, I wish you nothing but happiness in your future and hope everything you want in life comes your way! You deserve it!
Take care!
Michele_3

 
At 5:32 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

Good for you (yes I mean that). I'm not sure why the crazies seem to flock to you -- but you've more than put up with them for long enough. I'm glad you're moving on to a place you can control more.... I hope to keep reading you on MySpace.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Just like everyone else has said, I am really going to miss reading all of your cute mommy stories!! I never post comments, but just wanted to say GOOD LUCK with your private blog!

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Edwin & Christina said...

Good job on going private to protect Kyla b/c there are some sick people out there. I will miss your thoughts on everyday life but understand you have to protect Kyla. Good luck on wherever your journey takes you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home