Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Make a Plan B.

Have you ever heard the phrase "something to fall back on"?

Like... having a Plan B.

I am one of those people who has gone through life with NO PLAN B.

I want Plan A.

I want what I want... and I pretty much put my eggs in that basket and work for Plan A... I never really stopped to think about having a Plan B because why have 2nd best when you want the best?

I'm starting to rethink this... I've done it in all aspects of life - with romance, with career... Taken leaps of faith on people and things I've wanted for myself... and just set forward on a path towards getting what I want - PLAN A - and never really worrying about the backup because settling just isn't in me... but yeah, I'm starting to rethink this.

Having a Plan B doesn't mean you can't strive for what you really want... it just means that if things don't go your way, you'll have something to fall back on... It means that if you screw up along the way and Plan A breaks down - you've still got Plan B to keep you going... keeping some eggs in another basket - even if they're not completely fresh.

I've been forced into scrambling (no egg pun intended) to make a Plan B...

Plan A will probably still work out - after all, who will ever really want to settle for Plan B... but in the meantime - Plan B is going to give me what I need... and soon enough I'll be back to living the Plan A life.

I want Plan A, but Plan B will do for a while - and it's better than nothing.

When you're up sh*t's creek - you're better off having a paddle than not having a paddle!

That all being said, I don't ever want to be the Plan B... and of course in some cases you can't have a Plan B because to have one would make Plan A not all it's cracked up to be - right?

I've been the Plan B before... like, the fallback crush in the Eve 6 song... you only get him when his Plan A doesn't work... Sucks. That feeling of knowing you weren't the first choice... I could never live with that again. Or even if it isn't like that - just the doubt that maybe he's thinking of someone else... ugh I hated that feeling.

I won't make anyone my Plan B either.

Me no Plan B. You no Plan B. We be Plan A together.

I've been the Plan B friend before too... I remember when I was in middle school I really wanted to be friends with this girl but she only wanted to play with me when there was nobody else... and I think she used me for the fruity Mentos I used to bring to gym class too... but that's besides the point.

I think all my friends now are mutual Plan A's so at least I have that figured out.

It's like that with other things too... career comes to mind but I'm not sure I can relate that at this time...

OK - so... have a Plan B... don't settle for the Plan B life... but have a Plan B - just in case you need it.

Don't even get me started on Plan C - I'm not quite ready to ask if you want fries with that!

:)

D

4 Comments:

At 3:08 PM, Blogger Attitude2Love said...

I feel like I am living my Plan B now, but I am preparing for my Plan A! Everything will work out... you are so strong and Brave!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Stefi Lily said...

Many of us are living the plan B for now, but that doesnt mean Im going to keep living it for the rest of our lifes. I know that u r going thru a rough time rigth now, just dont give up. I have people out there who are willing to help. What as listeners and fans can we do for u? So, we can make this burden a lil bit easier...
Be strong and brave, soon everything will be back to normal...

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger Alissa said...

I almost got confused with all the Plan A's and B's but I understand what you're saying. I too feel like I'm living a Plan B, almost a Plan C. Now the word Plan is starting to look wierd to me. Anyway, sometimes you have to live Plan B in order to appreciate Plan A. No one lives a Plan A all of the time, I don't care who you are.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

Glad you are back on this blog too. More to read. It's good to have a plan B, sometimes even a C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home