Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, April 01, 2005

old navy, little people, dolls, DigDug

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yes, look at those cheery fleece wearing folks... Old Navy's finest. Too bad not all their employees are that pleasant.

I went shopping tonight for Kyla's gifts. I only had a little bit of time so I hit Toys R Us first and then scooted across the street to Old Navy. They close at 9. It was 8:30.

I walk into the store and this scrawny scruffy kid with a uni-brow is locking the doors... he then looks at me with this "oh no lady you don't think you're coming in here now do you... I need to get home and play Halo 2..." look...

Yes, I was going in. I asked him what time it was and he goes, "our store time is 8:58 we close in 2 minutes... but you can come in and grab something if you're going to be quick."

EXCUSE ME? Seriously, I didn't have a watch on but I know when I got out of the car it was 8:30 and this kids trying to tell me it took me 28 minutes to walk across the parking lot??

So I go in and felt so rushed... there were these two little chick employees GLARING at me as I browsed through the baby section. I didn't even put Kyla in a shopping cart because I knew that would make me look like I was about to do some serious shopping and their "store time" indicated it was time to close.

I felt so rushed, I couldn't do it. I just walked out... and as I'm leaving that same nitwit is locking the doors again... and this woman and her teenage daughter are trying to come in.

"Sorry ma'am, it's 9:02 store time, we're closed."

She looked at her watch and told him it was only 8:45... and he proceeded to argue with her saying that "our store time is 9:02"... She argued with him... she was PISSED. Her poor daughter was embarassed... and I told them, yeah when I came in at 8:30 he told me it was 2 minutes 'til closing so he's full of crap...

Honestly, what is this kid's deal? And you know every other person in the store is like "dude, close the doors early... dude, close them early..." and of course he doesn't care bc it's Friday night and he's got some big plans... so they make up this whole "store time" deal.

I'm calling Old Navy corporate to complain. I complained about the Dunkin' Donuts on Gandy in Tampa once and they sent me some free coffee - and they ended up firing the kid with the nasaly voice who was NEVER pleasant even when I tried to flirt with him!!

********

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's one of the things I picked up for Kyla. I seriously spent an hour in Toys R Us not knowing what to get her!! I don't want her to have all toys that light up hoot holler howl moo blink flash and yodel... some traditional toys would be nice.

I ended up getting her a Little People Dollhouse. I loved the Little People when I was growing up... but is it me, or have the Little People become a lot BIGGER than they used to be??? They are a lot cuter too. They used to be like little stubby limbless pieces of plastic with little heads, but now they are a lot more detailed and cute. It says for 1-5 years so there shouldn't be any small parts. Plus, I love little dolly dollhouse things. It actually does do some cute stuff - not sure what, but it requires batteries.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is the other thing I got her!!! I honestly almost started to cry when I put it in the shopping cart... my baby girl is old enough to get her own little baby doll!! There are SO MANY different ones but I thought these Baby Berengeur ones were the cutest and most realistic... they have the cutest outfits too. It says for age 2 and up, but I will make sure there are no small parts or anything with it before I give it to her. She is still a little young for a baby doll, but I have been DYING to give her a real dolly!!!

The thing about buying toys for her at this age... she either already has everything I see, or something similar, or it's too old, or its too young! A LOT of stuff is for 18 months or its for 6 or 9 months and she's "beyond" it... So I went with what I thought was cutest and age appropriate.

I'm also giving her Bambi on DVD... I don't think I have ever seen Bambi start to finish!! I mentioned something about it recently so my dad picked it up the other day for her. He (and my stepmom too) have been so good to us. I am lucky to have a great family.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

OK so complete randomness... I'm driving home from shopping and inside the car next to me at a light is a kid playing DIG DUG in the backseat! I don't remember anything specific, but I KNOW that at some time during my life - probably during a very long boring car ride home from apple picking - I sat in the back of the Chevy Celebrity Wagon and WISHED there was a TV in the car!!! So strange how now it is a reality. Now if only I could afford one of those sweet TV cars LOL...

Bedtime. Gotta get up and make the birthday cake in the morning, then get to the airport in the afternoon, then get to work at night, then get up early Sunday and get ready for party!!!

:)

D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home