Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Secret Life of the Wiggles... What's Really Going On Inside Anthony's Workshop?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So it just came out the other day (as if we didn't already know) that "The Wiggles" have become bazillionaires... They've got the show, the merchandise, the $100+ per ticket tour...

"The Wiggles" are a boy band for toddlers!!!

Anthony is to "The Wiggles" what Justin Timberlake is to "N'Sync" - the hot one. Not that he's really the "lead singer" of the band, but as a very single mom, the highlight of my day is sometimes watching Anthony's Workshop... This is based purely on looks, thanks.

What I'm wondering though - is there any DIRT on "The Wiggles"? There has to be. Somewhere there must be drunk photographs of these guys... Where is the paparazzi - I want to see "The Wiggles" in action!
_____________________

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

What ever happened to the good old shoe changing simplicity of Mr. Rogers? He didn't go hopping around on a stage for more money... although it would have been fun to see him and Mr. McFeely doing a jig to "It's a Good - feeling - to know you're alive... It's such a hap-py feeling... I think I'll make a SNAP-PY new day..." Then they could have gazed lovingly into each other's eyes as they sang "It's you, I like... it's you. I. Like!"

And what about all off the STUFF... Good ole' Fred never put out Mr. Rogers dolls (which would have come with 2 sweaters and 2 pairs of shoes of course)... We missed out on Mr. Rogers Neighborhood puppets - what I would have given for a King Friday, Queen Sara, and Lady Elaine Fairchild doll!!

There is nearly an ENTIRE aisle of "The Wiggles" merchandise at every toy store!

More on this to come... Kyla is now awake and NOT amused by "Susie works with one hammer one hammer one hammer Susie works with one hammer then she works with two..." right now.

OH - what was the name of the woman on Mr. Rogers? Not a puppet, a real person, long dark hair, she would chill in the Neighborhood of Make Believe... she was like the neice of King Friday - her name escapes me and it's driving me nuts.

D

4 Comments:

At 9:00 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I think her name was Lady Aberlin or something along those lines. I always liked her. Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers were the highlight of my day when I was little.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

I just did a quick google search on Lady Aberlin and apparently she played a teacher in Jersey Girl.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger familiaoconnell said...

Her name was Lady Elaine....

 
At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My two kids are past the wiggles...they still like it occasionally but they prefer Lazy Town. And Sporticus is much sexier than Anthony!!!
LOL
~Charity

 

Post a Comment

<< Home