Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Flat spilled news coffee tires gossip and bikers.

I have LOTS to say.

The dirt blog is back burner right now because honestly, I can't keep up with it like I was... and no matter what I do, unless there are 100 posts a day with pictures and wit, people will bitch... so F 'em, they get nothing. They can go elsewhere, say I've lost it, whatever... I got other stuff going on :)

So anyway...

I walked out to my car this morning and my tire was FLAT. It loses air... I have to fill it up like once every 10 days or so... but this morning it was REAL flat. I was nervous driving it but I knew I'd make it to the gas station ok. I filled it up and of course got dirt all over my hands and a little speck on my shirt. Oh well.

I am just proud of myself because I am know a skilled tire filler upper!

Then I opt to kill 2 birds with one stone since I was already running late for work... and I get an iced coffee at the gas station store... It was HUGE. Like a MONSTROUS iced coffee. I was so thirsty I started sipping it before I even paid for it... and surprisingly it did not taste like watery sweetened mud.

I get into my car and the cup of iced coffee is so frigging big it doesn't fit right in my cup holder... Usually the Dunkin Donuts big cups fit but this cup was wider and just wasn't digging being cramped in the cup holder... STUPIDLY I just left it there, teetering a little...

Then I pull out of the parking lot.... KER PLUNK!!

Coffee... EVERYWHERE. It fell onto the floor. SPLASH!

All over my frigging pant leg. I've worn a skirt to work the last 2 days... and today I wear pants and BAM, spilled coffee all over the bottom of my pant leg... all over my foot which is still sticky... and a PUDDLE of iced coffee on the floor of my car.

Love it.

So I'm so wicked smaht I put the HEAT ON in the car - all blowing through the bottom vents of course - to dry the pant leg... but I don't think about the fact that there's milk in the coffee mixture that is now seeping into the floor....

I just hope that it does not REEK after sitting in the sun all day.

My first inclination was to go back to my bro's house and change my pants... but I don't have the key... He actually gave it to me last night and I left it on the table this morning... Duh.

Plus, it's just on the cuff of the pants, like the bottom of one leg... so not incredibly noticable. On top of that, I really just don't give a crap about stupid stuff like that. Everyone spills. I'm a klutz. Oh well.

I ended up getting an iced mocha latte at the little coffee shop in this office building... and it's better than the gas station iced coffee anyway!

So that's that.

******

Now for the part about the bikers...

I'm taking this windy back road to work now... and every morning I am faced with the fear of being forced to choose between a head on collision with another car or running spandex wearing bikers off the road.

I remember one time a radio station I was doing work for issued this whole big statement about how we are NOT allowed to ever make fun of, sh*t on, or say ANYTHING remotely mean about bikers... but I no longer am gag ordered and I'm going to GO OFF.

I HATE BIKERS. I know they have a "right to the road" by law.... but honestly, it's just so annoying. As if the road isn't a dangerous enough place... you put yourself on a 10 pound stick of metal with 1 inch tires and ride with a foot of space between you and my 2 ton vehicle??

But you wear a helmet - right? So yeah, you're safe. That helmet is REALLY going to protect you in the case that my car - which might as well be a bulldozer against your 10-speed - hits you. Right.

And if I do hit you... like let's say there's a car coming the other way and NOWHERE for me to go and I hit you.... it's my fault. You fall off your bike in front of my car - I hit you and it's going to be my fault.

Go home and play Frogger if you like to take traffic risks.

******

Now for my rant on gossip and why people are so obsessed with celebrity gossip... It's simple. It is a distraction. There are basically 3 types of news in this world right now... well, in this country anyway.

Bad shit.
Celebrity shit.
Sports shit.

The "news" isn't even news anymore... it's basically a compilation of the worst, most horrible, most unthinkable, heinous, sickening, depressing and despicable things that happened that day. That's all.

How does "reporting" the news that a woman drowned her kids in a tub... or a woman cut another woman's baby out of her womb... or 2 kids beat another kid to death with a crowbar... how is that NEWS??? Why do we all need to know about this??? To be "informed"?

And we learn about all of this stuff just as we sit down at the dinner table with our families... if in fact we are still doing that. GREAT way to set the mood...

I HATE the news. I can't even watch it anymore. I try to keep up with the REAL news - like what is going on in the world... but the "let's report the most sickening worst of humanity stories all in a row" garbage is just too much.

Let's see... would I rather watch Entertainment Tonight and find out about who Brad Pitt is sleeping with... or watch the news and hear about people being bludgeoned to death?

Am I wrong?

End rant, I gotta do some stuff...

1 Comments:

At 11:19 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Dana, I am so happy that you are back doing your personal journal. Sorry that your day started off bad, sounds like something that would happen to me. I give you props for all that you have done on your own with you gossip site, screw all the haters and unappreciaters. I am a dork, I know this,lol. Your site gives me a place to escape my reality for a bit, and I enjoy it very much as do a lot of people. Thank you for all that you do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home