Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Catching up...

Last night I went out with a friend... She and I haven't seen each other since before I moved to Tampa 3 years ago. Actually, how weird... it was 3 years ago this summer that I left Boston and ventured away from home to follow a dream...

Anyway, my friend and I had a falling out over some stuff a few months before I left... we didn't talk for a few years... and then about 9 months ago she called to tell me some bad news about a friend of ours from college... and I took advantage of that reconnection to apologize for the way our friendship crumbled... and she apologized... and we made up.

We emailed a few times after that but then life happened again and we lost touch. She actually now lives in the town I grew up in - where I am staying now - so I called her last night just to see how she's doing.

She ended up not having dinner plans so she picked me up and we went out... and she told me - she just found out she's having a baby!!! She actually had said when I called that she was just thinking about me the other day...

So I'm really excited for her and I think this will bring us back to being really good friends again... It's so funny the crap we fought over and the insanity that ruined our friendship... We did "laugh about it" over dinner. Things that seemed so pressing then... now just lame stuff to crack up over... like we can't believe how dumb we were!

Older, wiser, more mature, and now with way more important things to live for...

So tonight I am going out with some radio friends... actually one of them I have not seen since I was an INTERN when I was 13!!! He was just starting his career as well... and now we've both been to a number of places, worked with all kinds of people, and happen to both be back in Boston working for the same company (different stations)... and another radio friend I met when I was working here before Tampa happened to go to high school with this guy... so the 3 of us are going out to catch up.

We are most likely going to end up doing karaoke at the Purple Shamrock... uh oh. Fire up the Eve 6... oh, and actually, that reminds me.. I mentioned a line from a song in my post yesterday and I am racking my brain trying to figure out if it is actually an Eve 6 song... We can live beside the ocean... I don't wanna be your fall back crush anymore... walk right out into a brand new day... We can live beside the ocean...

That is Eve 6 right?

No dumbass... it's Everclear. I got the Eve part right... I always get those 2 bands confused and I like them both.

I HATE when I can't remember stuff.

Peace.

1 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Attitude2Love said...

It is good that you are able to go out and enjoy life right now. I hope all goes well. Have a great time!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home