Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Hunt for Red October...

Actually, I'm hunting for an apartment but it will probably be red october before I find one here that meets the following requirements.

1. I like it.
2. I can afford it.

Seriously... add to that it needs to be in pretty close proximity to my work, and it needs to have a w/d hookup, and it needs to be a 2 bedroom, and it needs to not be in the hood...

I looked at FOUR places today... 2 of them I liked. One is too far away... and the other isn't available until Sept. 1... so we'll see. I'm looking at another place tomorrow and I've called about 5 or 6 more.

I got some 96.5 TIC tee-shirts today! Super excited... and I have 2 appearances lined up already!!

Everyone here has been SUPER COOL and they seem to like what I'm doing on the air so that's good... I'm just having fun.

Tonight I'm talking about the new Abercrombie tee-shirts (see the dirt blog)... Paris's engagement ring issues, and Tara Reid being a very smart business woman... or not! And more stuff as it comes to me I guess...

I am so hungry. I have 0 money left. I had to get a new tire and that put me back... and I've just been eating out and driving a LOT over the last few weeks so what I had saved is gone... I just deposited a check today and I get paid in 2 days but it's rough right now until the check clears. It's funny I was just chatting with a friend of mine who works in TV - and he's pretty successful now - but he was like... I know what you mean, I put $2 of gas in my car at a time and lives on cheap pasta for weeks!! So that's how it goes... it's worth it though - I am just happy to be on the air and having fun at my job. All other things will fall into place...

Just in the time I was writing this... I think I might have found a good place to live... my boss here knows people who have a nice 2 family house... we'll see!!

The production guy made these cool drop things for my show... so it's all personalized. I love hearing a voice guy say my name all deep and sexy and sh*t... never had that before lol... radio people will understand.

Anyway, I gotta go... It's been a long day and my teeth are killing me too... I have insurance now just got to find a dentist and get an appointment to get these suckers pulled... anyone got any pliers?

:)

D

2 Comments:

At 8:28 AM, Blogger ~M~ said...

Hey Dana, I am so glad to here that you are doing well. I totally know ALL about the $$$$! We were a paycheck to paycheck family for a while and there were times that the kids had it all and we were scrounging. It will pass, just look at your lil'angel and know it's all for the greater good! Peace from the middle east (of florida that is)

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

It seems like everything is expensive these days, homes, apartments, cars. Good luck on your hunt!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home