Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunday, February 20, 2005

girls night out.

I ended up going out with my friends last night. My dad was home with Kyla... but she was asleep by the time I left anyway....

We had SUCH A BLAST! We went to Coogan's in Faneuil Hall. We ended up dancing for a little while which was fun, but I just felt like "I'm too old to be doing this..." LOL... plus, I just couldn't keep up with the girl hanging out by herself grinding with the railing. The sad thing is, I've probably done something like that before LOL...

We just talked - er, I mean, YELLED - about life, the "good ole days", relationships, and of course got each other caught up on all the gossip about people we went to high school with. One of my friends is organizing our 10 year reunion. We never had a 5 year because the people who were supposed to do it just didn't. So she decided she wants a reunion, she's planning it. Should be fun - it's Thanksgiving this year.

So, I got hit on LOL. And even though it's so TACKY to be hit on by men in bars - and they'd most likely hit on anyone, it was a nice feeling. They thought I was 22-23 which was also cool. One of the guys was celebrating his 26th birthday and they kept trying to get me to go to another bar with them!!! I was like - UH, NO. Then they wanted me to do shots with them, and I said UH NO. Finally one of the guys got the hint... but the other one was WASTED and did that "I'm going to hover around you even though you are back to talking with your friends and are trying to ignore me" thing. SO ANNOYING.

The thing about Boston bars now that I LOVE - no smoking. At all. You gotta go outside in the FREEEEEEEZING cold to smoke. It is SO NICE not to be dancing and have people's cigarettes burning in your face... I mean how many times do you have this GREAT outfit and get home and there's a little cigarette burn... UGH!!! The sucky thing though is we went outside a few times because there are some smokers in the bunch... and it was FREEEEZING. It definitely cuts the whole chain smoking in the bar down A LOT. It's also cool to not reek of smoke.

Somehow we ended up having this conversation with some girls in the bathroom about Michael Jackson... and then about how rude people from New Jersey are LOL. RANDOM.

On our way back to the parking garage we stopped and got sandwiches from a street vendor. We stood over the subway grates for warmth. It's SO WEIRD... it's ICE COLD outside, but if you stand on the sidewalk above the subway, its toasty warm. So we huddled there and chowed down. Then I REALLLLLLY wanted some Macaroni & Cheese and couldn't stop talking about it - so when we got back to my friend's house she gave me a packet of Easy Mac LOL. THAT WILL BE LUNCH TODAY!

So we had fun. Definitely not like it used to be... but it was great to see my friends and joke around. I think one of the things that used to be fun was the unpredictability of things... we never knew who we'd run into, where we'd end up hanging out, if we'd meet guys, etc... Honestly at this point I'd much rather go out to dinner where we can talk, but there's something crazy about going to a bar and having to yell to talk to each other that is still fun.

I had 3 drinks. Malibu and pineapples. My Florida favorite.

Anyway, I'm tired. I wasn't drunk at all, but I'm still sleepy from being out late. Kyla's down for her nap.... all the giggling we were doing this morning must have worn her out.

HOW CUTE is this. This morning we had one of those "OMG my baby is growing up" moments. We were laying on my bed, and in the covers she found one of her socks. One of the pink heart socks actually... so she was holding it, playing with it, and just to be funny - not thinking she'd react - I pulled the sock out of her hand. SHE CRACKED UP!!!!! So then I was kind of teasing her with it, and she went to grab it, and I gave it back... and then grabbed it again... and this went on for a while - and she was just LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY!!!! We were TOTALLY playing. It was so cute.

THEN - it happened AGAIN!!! I was feeding her Cheerios for breakfast... and there were only a few left... so I was like "I'm gonna get 'em!" and made funny noises and went for the Cheerio in slow motion... just as she went for it... and I snatched it away - and she LAUGHED... so then we played that game with the Cheerios. It's just TOOOOO CUTE!!!!

I'm going to lay down for a bit while she's napping!

D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home