Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Friday, December 16, 2005

Ex-Tra Cirricular Activities.

LOL NOT REALLY.

So let me throw this one at you... because this is the MILF Diaries and I'm sure some of you MILFs have dealt with similar situations...

Yesterday my ex, as most of you know him "TK", flew in to Hartford to pick up our spectacular 20 month old daughter Kyla.

His flight got delayed so he ended up missing his return flight... the next one wasn't for 5 hours, and if you've ever been to Bradley "International" Airport, you know it's a drag.

It is, as he called it, "a glorified bus station"...

The airport as a whole is a small, stale little place... Terminal A has a few places to eat and a little store... Terminal B, where he was, has a snack cart. That's it. That's all. A snack cart.

It was lunch time and instead of me dropping Kyla off to spend 5 long hours in a desolate airport, we decided I'd pick him up and we'd go to lunch and do some shopping. Why the HELL NOT?

That didn't sit well with his current girlfriend. I felt bad for him because it was just unnecessary hassle and drama... "Why are you not considering my feelings?" and that kind of crap... from a 26 year old woman...

Hi, how about you consider the feelings of our daughter who was off the wall with excitement because she knew for a few brief hours she had her mommy and daddy together? How about giving credit that two people who probably would have killed each other had we remained in a relationship can now get along, be friends, and spend time together for the benefit of our child?


Been there, done that, ended it, it's over... not going back. I should be the LEAST of this girl's worries. I've really let go of it, what continues to bother me is that she needs to really accept the fact that he and I will always talk, have a bond, and be in contact with each other because of our child, and no amount of wishing we hated each other is going to change it.

I am so thankful to have such a great guy in my life... he gave me a little crap for it in jest, and he just GETS IT. We're adults, we have a child together, at certain times we will spend time together for her sake, and that's just the end of it.

I put it out there on the air last night... "Should my ex be in the doghouse because he spent the afternoon with me when his flight was delayed?" The consensus was "NO!" I thought maybe I'm being insensitive by going to lunch and dragging him to Kohl's with me so he didn't have to sit in an airport all day chasing Kyla around... but then I realized - it's her problem, not mine.

I'm happy with my life now. I like that things are civil and friendly between me and TK, and I appreciate that the new person in my life can understand that it's best for everyone involved if we get along and do what is best for our daughter.

Most people get that. Right?

:)

D

5 Comments:

At 4:16 PM, Blogger Maureen said...

I think it's really cool that you guys can hang out together after what you've been through. I would be concerned for Kyla that this chick obviously doesn't have her best interest in mind. Sounds like she's selfish and immature. Hopefully TK will handle her and let her know she has to get over that crap!

 
At 11:01 PM, Blogger Michele_3 said...

First of all, Love the title-
"Ex-Tra Cirricular Activities."
Too funny!

I think it's awesome that you guys have become friends for the sake of Kyla and don't worry if his girlfriend got upset, he can handle it- Don't even deal with that drama..
She just needs to understand that you guys will be put in certain situations like this & if she is secure in their relationship then it really shouldn't bother her at all then..

How exciting for Kyla, What did she think of the whole situation?

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger ~M~ said...

Props to Dana and TK for being mature enough to deal with this situation! I had the same problem once. I had to do some *soul searching* and the guy I was seeing got pissy each time I talked to Josh. So, I went home and married him! LOL Kinda different. I realized that no one could take his place in many ways, and that level of immaturity left a very bad taste in my mouth. We should hook them up! LOL

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Yummerson said...

Insecurity unfortunately sometimes gets the best of us. Although I know that I'd be jealous if I were in her shoes, I'd know that there is a child involved and would just suck it up. It's not everyday that he gets to spend with his baby or his baby's momma.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Lou said...

Glad you and TK can put aside whatever differences there may be to give your daughter the joy of you two being together (albeit temporarily).
As for the girlfirned - move her in front of a large Boeing Dreamliner and clear it for takeoff! LOL
Lou - Manchester, CT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home