Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, February 12, 2005

HUNGOVER.

No, I did not go out drinking last night. In fact, the only things I had to drink last night were diet cokes. But, being up all night... getting just a few hours of sleep this morning... I feel completely hungover. I have not had this feeling in quite some time... and I did not even consume alcohol!! It sucks.

I had fun on the radio last night though!! I listened back to myself and I can tell I was a little bit out of my element - just being on a different station, getting used to a different computer system, etc... throws me off at first. But by the middle of it I was totally fine. I did say "actually" and "uh" too much - which is what I do when I'm nervous - but those are easy fixes LOL. I was more worried about pushing the right buttons and learning the computer... gotta get the basics down first. Their computer system is a lot more "hands on" than I am used to now, so I had to get used to actually doing some technical work again.

Anyway, one of my good friends still works there, and he was the one scheduled to run the board overnight... but they told me to come in just to get used to the new system and get back on track with everything before I do a day shift... so my friend - who I haven't seen in a year - didn't even know I was coming. I walk in and he's like "WHAT????"

He showed me how to do everything... and then he went to do some other work for a while so I could focus... and then we were just talking about all the fun we had. It was SO WEIRD how nearly 3 years have passed. It was like a time warp.

We were reminiscing about all the partying and fun times we had... I threw these INSANE parties at my apartment when I lived here. The station had tons of fun parties in Boston and we would just drink and hang out laughing and doing crazy stuff all day and night...

I will say this... there is no "drama" and no bs between people at this station. Everyone is cool, everyone gets along, no egos, no jealousy, none of that. I was thinking about this one party we had where the entire staff went on a yacht for the day... all the DJs, promotions people, a few sales people, management... and everyone just HAD A BLAST. Nobody was there to start trouble, nobody was there to upset people, everyone just wanted to have a good time. I miss that TRUE team spirit.

It's so great for me to be able to go back and visit with old friends and have great memories of my time at this station.

Anyway, I'm exhausted. Kyla is not digging the nap idea right now so I'm going to make a cup of coffee and play with her.

:)

D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home