Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Valentine's Day.



So I was trying to figure out which kind of picture I need for my Valentine's Day and there it is. Broken but bandaged and healing well. :)

Honestly, as far as the broken heart thing goes... It isn't like it's JUST been broken... but I won't spew too much.

All I can say is at least this year I know to expect nothing. Better than being disappointed.

I was going to just ignore the whole thing altogether because to be honest, I'm really not as bent about it as you'd think I might be. Plus, there's comfort in knowing a LOT of people just broke up before Valentine's Day!! Brad & Jen, a friend of mine just told me he ended his relationship, and then my deal... so it's OK. Plus, I have a lot of single friends too.

Kyla will be my little Valentine and I get to eat all her chocolates too!!

Speaking of band-aids and boo-boos... Kyla's bump is still pretty yuck. She went to the doctor today for other things, and she's fine.

I'm facing one of those mom dilemmas right now. When I took her to the doctor in Columbia at the beginning of January they told me her Iron/Vitamin D levels were low/normal. Basically they were still in the normal range, but lower than what the doctor would like them to be. Since I was still nursing her a LOT at the time and she wasn't eating solid food very much at all, the doctor gave her a vitamin with more of those 2 essential nutrients. Breastmilk is 100% good for the first six months but once the baby gets a little older they need more iron and vitamin D than my big boobies can make... so she got a better vitamin. They wanted to check her in a month to make sure her levels were where they should be...

So I made an appointment for her to see a doctor here. We went today, and of course there were like 3 sick hacking stuffy kids in the waiting room... and I'm thinking, I know my kid is perfectly healthy... and she's sitting here with kids who could have strep, bronchitis, and any other illnes... I'm risking her health to see the doctor!

So the doc checks her all out and says she looks to be 100% healthy. She has NO signs of anemia or any vitamin deficiencies. The vitamin she is taking should provide all the iron her body needs... and over the last month she's been eating WAY MORE solid food - rich in iron - than she was. And the Vitamin D is in the vitamin too... so the doctor said she really saw no need to get labwork done, but she'd send me to the hospital to get it done for my own peace of mind.

I don't even know if insurance is going to cover this... so I have to call tomorrow and figure it out. But the thing is, I just don't really feel this bloodwork is necessary. And with kids (and adults) around here dropping like flies with all these viruses and stuff, I think it's more of a health risk for her to be around all those germs than the chance she is anemic. I know she's not anemic. The doctor confirmed she's most likely not anemic. The fact that she eats meats and cheerios and takes an iron-rich vitamin now just really is enough for me to know she's not anemic. I just don't see putting her through the extra torture, and having this bloodwork done...

So I don't know what to do. I guess I can just go do it... but I will feel HORRIBLE if we get billed for it and TK has to pay for it... or if I take her there and she ends up catching something IN the hospital.

Decisions decisions!!!

My brother came by tonight to hang out. It was cool. We just shot the ish for a while and he played with Kyla.

I'll have more later Ky just woke up...

D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home